The Fire Restriction recorded information line has been established at 970-725-3852.
Grand County is now under STAGE 1 FIRE RESTRICTIONS
• No building, maintaining, attending, or using a fire, campfire, or stove fire* without a permit EXCEPT in Forest Service developed camp or picnic ground. The following actions are permitted: petroleum-fueled stoves, lanterns, or heating devices providing such devices meet the fire underwriter’s specification for safety.
• No smoking unless in an enclosed vehicle or building, a developed recreation site, or while stopped in an area at least three feet in diameter that is barren or cleared of all flammable material.
• No operation welding, acetylene, or other torch with an open flame.
• No operation or using any internal or external combustion engine without a spark arresting device properly installed, maintained and in effective working order.
• Persons with a permit specifically authorizing the prohibited act or omission.
• Resident owners and leasers of land within the restricted area are exempt from above restriction provided such fires are within the residence.
• Any Federal, State or Local Officer or member of an organized firefighting force in the performance of an official duty.
***A stove fire is defined as a campfire built inside an enclosed stove or grill, portable brazier, or a pressurized liquid or gas stove, including a space-heating device.